legend (plural legends)
- A story of unknown origin describing plausible but extraordinary past events. Also historical legend.
- The legend of Troy was discovered to have historical basis.
- A story in which a kernel of truth is embellished to an unlikely degree.
- The 1984 Rose Bowl prank has spawned many legends. Here"s the real story.
- A leading protagonist in a historical legend.
- Achilles is a legend in Greek culture.
- Any person of extraordinary accomplishment.
- Michael Jordan stands as a legend in basketball.
- A key to the symbols and color codes on a map, chart, etc.
- According to the legend on the map, that building is a school.
6 letters in word "legend": D E E G L N.
Anagrams of legend:
Words found within legend: